Easy refill cartridges
How to use the refillable cartridges? This applies to R2880, R1900, 1400, 1410, R2400, R1800, R800, RX series, etc...
1. Fill the cartridges to 90%, not 100% full, to avoid spill from filling the cartridges too fast. Ink spill on the chips must be wiped dry immediately or the chips will not work when the cartridges are installed.
2. Check and make sure the chips are firmly in place before inserting the cartridges into the printer. Installing a cartridge without a chip could cause serious damage to the printer.
3. Seal the refill ports immediately after filling the cartridges with the plugs that came with the cartridges. This will prevent ink leaking out of the cartridges. If the refill plugs are not installed, ink will leak out of the cartridges into the printer.
4. Peel off the tape on each cartridge to let the cartridges breath.
5. Never mix the Efillink cartridges with Epson cartridges or other brand cartridges. The chip code on the Efillink cartridges could become corrupted when other chips are used at the same time.
6. The bottom part inside the check valves must be filled with ink before installing the cartridge. There should not be air inside the bottom square and the check valves. See photo below.
R2880 - R1900 - 1400 -
This is a photo of the R2400 cartridge.
Try to get rid of all the air bubbles by tapping the cartridge. But a small amount of air might still be trapped in the cartridge. After the cartridges are installed, the head charge cycle will get rid of this small amount of air.
A good Nozzle check is needed confirm the print head is filled with ink.
Bad Nozzle Check - Any air left in the print head will cause the printer not to print correclty.
7. When the ink level reaches about 20%, the low ink warning will be displayed on the computer screen. This is the time to refill the cartridge and to reset the chip.
R2880, R1900, 1400...etc.
The chip will initiate a reset when the cartridge is reinstalled. If the low ink warning is not there, removing and installing the cartridge will not trigger a chip reset.
Our chip resetter will reset the chips to full without the low ink LED warning. If you wish to reset all the chips to full and fill the cartridges before a large print project, the chip resetter is
8. When a cartridge is low, take out the entire set and install a set of cartridges filled with ink and chip set to full. As the cartridges in the printer do not all run out at the same rate, one cartridge might need replacing soon after you just finished replacing another. Each time a cartridge is replaced the printer will do a head clean. Installing a full set of cartridges will reduce ink waste due to head cleaning. You will need our chip resetter to reset our chips.
9. The Efillink chip resetter will reset our chips to full at anytime even the low ink warning is not present. Resetters from other suppliers will only reset the chip when the low ink warning LED is on.
10. If each cartridge is replaced only when it is empty, you may have ruined several sheets of photo paper for each set of cartridges replaced.
11. Keep an eye on the ink monitor each time before a print job is initiated. This will help you determine when to change out empty cartridges and avoid ink running out in the middle of a print.
12. If you ever see the "End of service life" message, do not panic. Send me a Skype message or an email and I will help you get the printer back to service. This is a service reminder only appears when the printer is used extensively.
Easy refill cartridges
Check out this video to see how easy it is to fill the latest Efillink cartridges. Just use the syringes that comes with the refill kit and fill the cartridges with the correct color ink. Install them like the regular cartridges and peel off the tapes to let the cartridge breath before printing. That is all you have to do.
More information about how to use the cartridges are posted below the video.
Cartridges you get elsewhere require vacuum fill. The problem with air trapped in the cartridges causing ink not to flow properly. We stop using these cartridges a couple of years ago.
These cartridges are difficult to fill when using them for the first time. Once the cartridges are purched of air, they will work decently. If a cartridge goes completely empty, you may have to purge air from the cartridge again.